The KZN Covid-19 Research Consortium invites researchers, scientists, and clinicians to submit an abstract for its upcoming virtual conference. The conference takes place from 30 November to 2 December from 1pm – 3pm daily.
Abstracts should relate to KZN-specific Covid-19 research findings and/or experiences and practice. An example of experience/practice may include experiences of working in hospital or clinic settings; or what the challenges were in clinical research conduct.
About the consortium:
The KZN Covid-19 Research Consortium comprises a unique collaboration of over 50 leading researchers and clinicians doing strategic Covid-19 research to address the pandemic.
Please submit your abstract to Nontu Pakade at firstname.lastname@example.org by 17 November 2020.
Guidelines for the abstract – to be attached to the email:
- Please use Arial 11.
- Abstract type: Enter either “research” or “experience/practice”
- Line space after abstract type
- Title: Please be brief, in bold text (rest of text – regular), maximum of 100 characters.
- Line space after title
- Presenter, co-authors: Link with a superscript number to institution (e.g., Nontu Pakade1)
- Institutions in italics: Link with authors (e.g., 1AHRI)
- Line space after institutions
- Abstract: Follow this structure, if science is presented: Objective, methods, results, conclusions. If experience is presented, use any structure. No more than 300 words. Please avoid diagrams, illustrations, tables, references or graphics.
- Save file name as Surname_KZNCovid_Dec2020 (e.g., Pakade_KZNCovid_Dec2020)
The outcome of abstract review by a committee – consisting of the leaders of each working group within the consortium – will be communicated on 22 November 2020, as will be the final program. Please note that all abstracts will be published in an online abstract book.